Angels and Devils
- "And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels
round about the throne, and the living creatures, and the ancients; and
the number of them was thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice:
The Lamb that was slain is worthy to receive power, and divinity, and wisdom, and
strength, and honor, and glory, and benediction."
- What is an angel?
An angel is a spirit, that is,
a creature who does not have a body.
- Is an angel a real person?
Yes, because an angel has a
mind and a will.
- How do you know there are angels?
The Bible mentions angels
about three hundred times.
- Why did God create the angels?
To serve Him in Heaven, to
act as His messengers to man, and to act as guardians over human beings.
- Does everyone have a guardian angel?
Yes, God appoints an angel to
watch over every human being.
- "See that you despise not one of these
little ones: For I say to you, that their angels in Heaven always see
the face of My Father Who is in Heaven."
- What does your guardian angel do for you?
Your angel prays for you, protects
you from evil and inspires you to do good.
- "Behold I will send My angel, who shall
go before thee, and keep thee in thy journey, and bring thee into the place that
I have prepared. Take notice of him, and hear his voice."
- Did all the Angels obey God?
No, some of them, led by Lucifer,
or Satan, disobeyed God and were sent immediately into Hell. These are the
fallen angels or devils.
- "And there was a great battle in heaven, Michael
and his angels fought with the dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels.
And they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven."
(They were sent to Hell)
- Is there really a devil?
Yes, the Bible often speaks of the
devil as a real person.
- "And that great dragon was cast out, that
old serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, who seduceth the whole world."
(In Protestant Bibles, this book (Apocalypse) is called Revelation)
- How does the devil act towards human beings?
The devil tempts people to commit sin.
- "Watch out, because the devil goes about seeking
whom he may devour. You must resist him, being strong in Faith and knowing
that he persecutes everyone else in the world, too."
(1 Peter 5:8-9)
- How can you fight the devil?
The best weapons against the devil
are prayer (especially calling on Jesus and Mary), holy
water, blessed medals, scapulars and other
- "Put you on the armor of God, that you may be able
to stand against the deceits of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and
blood; but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this
darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in high places."
- Your guardian angel is a real person, who is always with you to help
and protect you. Pray to him often and thank him for his help. Your
guardian angel is an indication of how much God loves and cares for you.
- The devil has succeeded in getting a large number of people
to think that he is not real. His is
a real person and is a real danger to you personally.
- Not all of your temptations come from the devil. Others come from
your own flesh ("concupiscence") and from the world about you -- traditionally
stated, "from the world, the flesh, and the devil."